Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Need some help, determining if something is a scam?


Hello, i'm from Romania, and I announced on a local site that I'm selling a Nikon d300… Somebody contacted me from the UK about buying it, and he obviously translated to my language, since it was some really broken writing.
I told him i can understand english and s/he responded in broken english. Can they screw me over if I give them some bank details?

For some reason I cant post a image with the email…

Hello, sorry reply late the item Will Be sent abroad i will need World Payment details so That I Can transfer money to your account with Romania currency:

Kindly write me your full payment details for transfer:

Name and surname:
Account number:
Name of bank:
Swift Code:
Phone number:

After I made the Payment to your account i will send my shipping details to you, where are you-can ship it Ok…

*unedited copy paste*

Read more: Need some help, determining if something is a scam?