Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Taking A Photo From The Shade When It's Sunny How Do I Do It? I Have a Nikon D3300?


So I have a difficult situation where I'm taking a photo of a building that has a large awning covering the entrance which needs to be the main focus of the image. I can take the image from the shade across the way under some trees, but it's still extremely difficult to keep from getting photos that are too dark under the awning.

What can be done about this? I've tried playing with White Balance but still can't figure this out?

I could take pictures just fine if I was in the shade (under the awning) but this has to be taken from a distance so you end up with.

Me under shaded trees -> Sunlight Covering everything between me and the building as it's bright out -> the building itself shaded at the entrance with the awning.

What can I do guys any tricks to help from keeping that from getting to dark? I appreciate the help?

Read more: Taking A Photo From The Shade When It's Sunny How Do I Do It? I Have a Nikon D3300?