Wednesday, October 24, 2012

For everyday point and shoot shots, which mirrorless camera should I choose?

Basically I'm very confused as to which camera to get for general point and shoot type shots. Current considerations are the Panasonic Lumix GF3, Sony Nex-5 and Nikon 1 J1. I'll be using it mainly for travelling so there will be a variety of shots - outdoor, indoor etc

I was initially looking at the J1 for its speed but the general review for the camera isn't that great, so now I'm juggling between that, Sony NEX-5 and Lumix GF3

The main things I'm really looking at is for reasonably fast autofocus and a small compact size (image quality for them all are said to be great so I'm not too overly concerned with that). I know pancake lenses are available for them all, but my question is if they're good for everyday purposes? Nikon's 10mm lens is said to not be really fit for all purposes, and I'm not too sure I want to lug around the other 10-30mm lenses when I'm on the go.

Long story short -
Nikon J1, Sony NEX-5 or Panasonic Lumix GF3?

(And yes, I know there are lots of people who don't quite like mirrorless cameras, and feel that they're overpriced and whatnot and it's more worth it to get a DSLR, but I'm looking for compact with future options to go further)
>>> For everyday point and shoot shots, which mirrorless camera should I choose?