Monday, October 1, 2012

Should I sell my Canon T1i for a Nikon d3000?

Keep in mind I just take pictures as a hobby, I took photography course but still have fairly limited knowledge.

Anywho I was thinking of selling the Canon T1i for say $750 Canadian, with an accessory kit and a tripod. (I'm fairly certain I can do this)

And purchasing the Nikon d3000 for $450 Canadian, which would leave me with $300 to put towards lens/flashes (since I don't have any yet)…

I'm not too concerned about the d3000 not having video recording capabilities (so that would not be a con for me)

However I am concerned about the image quality difference?

These are the specs for the T1i http://www.canon.ca/inetCA/products?m=gp&pid=889#_030

and these are the specs for the d3000 http://www.nikon.ca/en/product.aspx?m=17300

As for lenses let just compare the lens kits that are included with ea.camera.

I appreciate some help from a camera buff! Thanks.
Added (1). Hi Paul… I OWN the T1i already…
>>> Should I sell my Canon T1i for a Nikon d3000?