Monday, October 1, 2012

I'm going to buy my first camera, I don't know what to choose? Help?

Your Open QuestionShow me another »
Help help help again please camera experts :)?
Okay so I'm going to buy my first dslr camera but I know nothing about photography and I'm trying to learn after getting the camera.So in a nutshell, I'm a beginner. I have looked through a few models and came down to these few and I can't decide!

1) canon 600D
2) canon 650D
3) canon 60D
4) Nikon D5100
5) Nikon D60

Emm so for the canon cameras, let's compare the 600 and 650D first. The shopkeeper told me that the only difference is that the 650 has touch screen and some focusing adjustment or something like that.So I'm thinking, since it's only some little things, and the price difference is quite a lot for me, should I cross out 650 from my list?

Then, let's compare the 600D and the 60D. Of course the 60D is so much better, but it's so much more expensive and it's for semi pros. Emm can a photography idiot like me handle that camera and make full use out of it? Is there a need to spend so much money? But someone told me that if I buy the 650D for beginners, I will eventually get bored out of it and need to upgrade my camera and suggested me to straight away go for the semi pro camera so I won't have to fork out another sum of money to buy another camera later on? Hooow?

Okay let's compare the nikons now. I actually like both of them and I don't know what to complain about them.It's just that the mega pixels is smaller if compared to canons, will that really affect much? Also, I like the d60 but my father's friend told him that it is not wise to buy that because it is already out of production and a newer camera will replace it soon? Bt if I wait for the new one, the price will be really high compadres to the old one right? Ughh so I really don't know.

OH BY THE WAY I'm sorry, when I say nikonD60, I'm actually not sure if the model I just saw was D90 or D60 (I forgot the number oops) but I do remember that it has a motor built in something like that and is quite heavy compare to other cameras.

SOOO, what do you think? Out of the 5, will you rank them from the first to the fifth in your list if you were to buy one now and you are a beginner with no real experience with cameras before.
thank you :)
>>> I'm going to buy my first camera, I don't know what to choose? Help?