Saturday, October 13, 2012

Which SLR camera/s should I look at buying?

Hi :)
So, I'm looking at saving up and purchasing my first (decent) SLR camera! I've previously had a 2 $100 point-and-shoots and my parents' second-hand Fujifilm S5800 (which is getting old and runs out of battery in a matter of minutes). I'm pretty happy with majority of photos my current Pentax Optio RZ18 takes, though I would like to be able to adjust settings (i.e.aperture, ISO etc.)
Ok, so firstly, I am unsure of whether to go with Nikon or Canon (though I think I'm siding towards Canon). I'm only really a beginner, so I don't need a large, heavy, professional camera quite yet. I'd prefer a light(ish) camera and around AU$1000 (give or take).
Most photos I take are using the macro feature on my camera, so that is a preferred ability!

See some of my photos with current Pentax Optio RZ18 at http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanah_95/

Thanks :) :)
>>> Which SLR camera/s should I look at buying?