Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What type of equipment will I need for a theater/stage production shoot?

My friend owns a business, where professional singers/actors will come to different venues (like for weddings, birthdays, etc… ) and sing different songs from famous Broadway shows.

She has asked me to take some photos of the performers during the event, but I'm not quite sure what equipment I will need.

I normally do portrait photography and all I have is a Nikon D40 (ISO 200-1600) with a 55-200mm lens.

Will I need to rent a lens with a fast shutter speed and a camera with a high ISO? I'm not sure of the lighting, but don't imagine I can use a flash… but if I could, what should I look in to?

I've never shot stage productions before, and I'm not sure what to look for. I'm just doing this as a favor for a friend.

Thanks for any help!!!
>>> What type of equipment will I need for a theater/stage production shoot?