Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Would you buy a lens off of ebay?

In my previous question, I said that I need a new lens for my Nikon D50 and pointed out some of the specifics of what I'd like… Someone mentioned the Nikkor 18-200mm VR lens, and I've read reviews and almost everyone is extremely happy with it, and it seems great for what I want to use it for. I don't have the money to buy it new, since it's like $800 or so new. But I see them on ebay going for around $400-500. Since my mom was going to replace the faulty lens anyways, and christmas is coming up, I'm thinking of asking for this as an early christmas present from both my parents. But I'm not going to ask them to spend $800 on my christmas present this year, no matter how amazing the lens is supposed to be! So I'm wondering if you guys have had any experience buying a lens off of ebay? Do you think that might be a good option?
>>> Would you buy a lens off of ebay?