Saturday, December 15, 2012

Are Tamron lenses better than Nikon's?

Or at least the 70-300 VC. I went to camera shop to ask about lenses and everything to get a sense of what I needed to start saving, and I originally asked for Nikon lenses, but the clerk steered me toward Tamron. I don't doubt the Tamron I'm speaking of is a good lens- I tried it out myself and he showed me shots from a promotional book taken with it - but he said Tamron is better and mentioned how they've been in business for quite some time. I've always been under the impression you should get lens from Nikon or Canon and I was surprised he started to try to sell me this. Just want info from more photographers.
Added (1). Yeah, I'd like to add when he started talking about how old Tamron was my first thought was "Nikon's a really old company, too."
>>> Are Tamron lenses better than Nikon's?