Saturday, December 15, 2012

Camera Advice (mirrorless vs DLSR) for Beginner?

I want to learn about photography and how to take good pictures in a more manual-type setting. I know that cameras have great auto modes these days, but I want to learn about Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO.My price range goes up to about $600 USD and Amazon has great prices right now.

Right now, I am looking at a Nikon D5100 DLSR camera with a stock 18-55 mm lens. Thoughts? It's currently selling for around $550 USD on Amazon.

I have heard that compact system (mirrorless) cameras are taking over, and that DLSRs will soon become obsolete. Can anyone shed some light on the subject? If I were to look at a mirrorless camera with interchangeable lenses and highly accessible manual settings, what are my best options?

-Pibe
>>> Camera Advice (mirrorless vs DLSR) for Beginner?