Friday, December 21, 2012

Corrupt SD card (Nikon DSLR)?

Hi,
I was using my Nikon D7000 camera when I turned on the camera it said "Card Error". Some how the SD card got corrupted, and it won't show up on my computer. There is a lot of photos on the card that I want to recover.

How do you deal with such a situation? Should I try to fix the corrupted SD card, or just recover the photos and format the card? Which is more likely to work? and what programs do you recommend for each (cost is not an issue)?

Your help is appreciated!
Added (1). Thanks for that.
PhotoRec couldn't detect the SD card at all. I tried many different recovery programs and none could open the SD card.
I tried formatting it in Windows, but Windows can't format it.Is there anyway/software to force format the card?
BTW, it's a Patriot LX 16GB class 10 SD card.
>>> Corrupt SD card (Nikon DSLR)?