Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Help with camera lens?

Im looking into buying my girlfriend a macro lens this christmas for her $500 Nikon camera.Im new to this but as far as I understand, does Nikon call their macro lenses(the ones that can zoom in super super close with great detail) micro lenses? Regardless can someone point me in the right direction for a micro/macro lens(again I apologize for I am new to cameras, however she is not) for around 200-250 dollars (which is what I have seen them priced at)? She loves super crazy close detail and that is what those types of lenses are made for as far as I know. I also don't exactly understand how compatibility works; I know her camera is SLR but I don't know what that means as far as what lenses are compatible with it. The camera has a regular lens(sorry I don't know what the jargon name of a regular lens is) that can rotate to focus and zoom. Sorry again for the lack of expertise, cameras are her thing and computers are mine :) I don't care about super in depth stuff here, I just need to know the basics so I can buy the right lens and a good one. Thanks in advance.
>>> Help with camera lens?