Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Does transcript matter for photography?

I more than likely will not be going to college for photography unless I find I need to. That saying, I am pretty skilled photographer for being a highschool student. I am intelligent and responsible so please don't lecture me on that.

My highschool transcript for my first 3 years of Highschool is pretty bad, generally a C-D average. I was very lazy until the summer before senior year came when I realized I was in love with focusing on photography. Now.knowing that my transcript is poor and I won't have college education, will any types of jobs concerning photography be off limits for me due to that?

Keep in mind I want to focus on trying to be payed to do artistic travel(ish) photography for companies like National Geographic. Other options I'm considering is upgrading my Nikon into a Hasselblad H4d (I have a very decent income pay along with a nicely sized savings) and doing fashion/modeling photography or product photography.
>>> Does transcript matter for photography?