Sunday, January 6, 2013

How to choose my first Digital SLR camera?

I have been saving for my first 'proper' camera for 18 months and now have a (very top) budget of £500. I will be a complete beginner with this sort of camera, but have always been passionate about photography, and want a camera that I could take a course with to eventually use semi-professionally (snapping friend's weddings and family portraits for example). We are expecting our first baby in April so I plan to get as much practice as possible! I understand that an entry level camera can only take me so far, but which camera can take me the furthest?
So, where do I start? It appears my first decision is deciding between a Nikon or a Canon. For the kind of shots I have mentioned, which would be better? Which brand has the best or cheapest additional lenses for when I come to buy them?
I would appreciate any info or advice to help me decide!
Thanks in advance, Helen
>>> How to choose my first Digital SLR camera?