Monday, January 7, 2013

Nikon D80 - Why is there 2 ISO settings?

Hi,

I have started photography over the past year or two and am using a Nikon D80 camera and recently I've decided to start trying to use it manually and try and get different pictures and also night pictures.

But when I've been taking night pictures I have realised my ISO was up to 1600 which isnt good it should be about 100 or 200 for night, I know how to change this but it still carried on setting it to 1600, so after a bit of playing around I realised there was ISO sensitivity set in custom settings.

I just want to know whats the difference between ISO in general menu and ISO sensitvity in the custom menu? And what should they be on once back to normal?

Also if i'm in auto mode will the iso automatically go to auto itself or not?
>>> Nikon D80 - Why is there 2 ISO settings?