Saturday, January 12, 2013

Quality loss with Leica lens on a Nikon body?

Okay so I have a large amount of vintage Contax, Minolta, Canon, Olympus, and Leica lenses. (I may have a newerish Hasselblad lens or two, but I'm not sure if I've sold them already)

I have never experimented with using a converter to put any of these lenses on my camera. Would there be any quality loss (Aside from not being able to focus to infinity) that I might experience when mounting any of these lenses to my Nikon D7000 with a glassless converter? (Also, yes I know that these are full frame lenses and I have a DX body. Please just stick to answering the question.)

II'd love to be able to use one of my Summicron lenses on my Nikon, because.well Summicron lenses are amazing amd I can't afford a Leica DSLR Haha
>>> Quality loss with Leica lens on a Nikon body?