Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Need help with choosing correct photo lens filter?

Hi,

I'm buying Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM FLD Large Aperture Standard Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital DSLR Camera and need to make sure that I get a correct filter for it. All filters seem to have certain mm to them and I do not know what exactly it means since my lens is a zoom lens.

Please let me know what mm I should choose. I will be buying UV filter and possible some other "artistic" filters.

Also, I'm looking to "convert" this lens to macro - what is this peace called? It's a magnifying piece.

If it helps - I'm looking to shoot absolutely everything - from macro to landscapes, and group portraits to individual, more intimate close-ups.

Thank you!

Thank you!
>>> Need help with choosing correct photo lens filter?