Sunday, March 31, 2013

Making the next step in telephoto lenses?

I am currently using a Nikon D7000 with an 18-105 kit lens on it. I have used the 70-300VR on it many times as a close friend has one and we share lenses all the time. The problem I find is that I don't have enough reach on the 70-300. I am very into sports and nature, specifically birds, photography. I have thought about a teleconverter but I am not convinced about it yet. I am not sure what kind of budget I am looking at yet, but I have been looking at the 300, 400 primes, or the new 80-400 (possibly with a 1.4 teleconverter), or the 200-400. I know these lenses vary in price A LOT, but what are your takes on these lenses or combinations.

My only other concern is that some lenses are f/4s, so would they still work with my D7000 when combined with a 1.4x teleconverter? I know some dont autofocus at f8 on certain cameras, but would it still work? The 80-400 looks to be pretty nice considering it is fairly new, but would it still work on my D7000 with a 1.4x teleconverter? I am not really good at figuring out the aperture when combined with a teleconverter. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

См. статью: Making the next step in telephoto lenses?