Friday, March 22, 2013

Need help setting white balance with expodisc using flash? - 1

I have tried following the instructions on the Expodisc website but it isn't working.It does work when I am trying to set it using natural light but as soon as I try to set a custom WB using my flash I continually get the "No Good" message regardless of where I point the camera to set it. I am photographing at a karate club this evening where there is very little natural light and the floor is covered in bright red and blue mats. I was eager to use the expodisc to avoid the color casts that I usually have to deal with when shooting at this venue but I just can't get it to work by following the instructions. Does anyone have any experience with this?
I am using a Nikon D7000 with a SB910 flash.
Added (1). I don't need opinion on wherther my equipment is "overpriced", that wasn't the question I asked. If you must know, the expodisc was given to me so I didn't pay a cent for it anyway, and even if I had, so what? I would just like an answer to the question I asked, not snarky comments. For the record, I am well aware of how to use a grey card and how to set my white balance using white paper. However seeing as I have the expodisc in my possession, I would like to give it a chance and see if I prefer it to my grey card, which Is why I asked the question.

См. статью: Need help setting white balance with expodisc using flash? - 1