Friday, March 22, 2013

Sony NEX vs Nikon D5100?

I'm looking to upgrade my camera and have narrowed it down to a D5100, NEX-F3, or NEX-5N. A NEX-6 would be ideal, but I don't want to drop a grand on a casual hobby. The D5100 has everything I want at a price I like, however the size/weight is an issue. Both NEXs have image quality comparable to the D5100, but the F3 lacks a built-in viewfinder and the 5N lacks both a built-in flash and viewfinder.

So basically my question is for people who have gone from an SLR to an NEX; do you find the lack of a built in flash and/or viewfinder restrictive?
Added (1). Are there limitations other than the lack of a viewfinder/flash? I'm not too concerned with lens compatibility since it seems old MF lenses can be readily adapted. Also I don't plan on using an autofocus lens besides the kit 18-55 and probably a prime
Added (2). The lower end NEX models don't have any viewfinder; they are only available as a $2-300 accessory. I'm also not a big fan of EVFs so I probably wouldn't even buy one. I only considered the NEX because image quality is comparable to an SLR, yet it's a fraction of the size, meaning I'd use it more.

См. статью: Sony NEX vs Nikon D5100?