Monday, June 24, 2013

SLR or point and shoot camera?

I'm studying abroad next semester and I'm looking for a camera to take with me. The size and weight isn't really important. I'm a camera novice, but what I'm concerned about is getting the biggest bang for my buck. I have a rather constricted budget (because I'm a poor college student), so if I sprung for an SLR, I would probably have to just stick with the kit lens. I've heard that there are cameras that are not DSLRs, but have most of the same features and capabilities, just with no interchangeable lenses. Since I probably couldn't afford other lenses anyway, what kind of cameras that fit that description are there? I've also found a Nikon D3100 within my price range. If I can't afford additional lenses, is that any better than some time of midrange camera? Anything helps! Thanks!
Added (1). My most prevalent question is whether the lowest level SLR (ie. Nikon D3100) is worth it with ONLY the kit lens.

См. статью: SLR or point and shoot camera?