Saturday, July 20, 2013

How much zoom will I get with a 55-200mm lens on my Nikon D3000?

I am a new DSLR user, and I have graduation commencement this Sunday. I found someone who is selling their Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR lens for $100. I am speaking at my commencement and I want some good quality photos of me on stage. I plan to offer the seller $80 for this lens, after I meet with them and ensure the lens is in good condition of course. I'm just curious if this will be enough zoom that I'm looking for. I used to have a Canon PowerShot and it had amazing zoom, so I was a little spoiled, but I wanted to upgrade to the good quality of a DSLR camera. I know it will be 3x zoom, but what exactly does that mean? How far away can I shoot, and will the pictures be good quality?

Any answers are appreciated!

См. статью: How much zoom will I get with a 55-200mm lens on my Nikon D3000?