Sunday, September 8, 2013

Nikon SLR- suggestions on a good lens for a beginner?

I see this part of Y! A doesn't get much traffic, but I'm hoping someone can help with a few questions of mine- any kind of suggestions/recommendations are welcomed!

I'm looking to upgrade from my basic digital camera to entry level SLR, but I'm still very clueless when it comes to all the lenses out there. I don't have a particular field I'm interested in shooting in right now, so I'm looking for a versatile lens that can handle a little of everything; from landscape, maco, action, ect. I feel I'll mostly be working with action-y type scenes with animals, but it has to hold up with day to day activities.

After talking with some other SLR savy people / professionals, prime lenses seem to have better quality to them, right? Would a prime be an alright choice for a beginner? The lens I'm looking at is this one: http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-35mm-1-8G-Digital-Cameras/dp/B001S2PPT0

In the upcoming months, I'm planning on buying a refurbished Nikon D3200 body and buying a decent lens separately- it will probably be my only lens for a while (a year+), so like I mentioned before, it'll have to hold up with a bit of everything until I can invest more on lenses. Keep in mind, I'm only a beginner with all of this and I'm on a budget ($800 max, $600/$700 would be better!)

For whoever answers, I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to help! Thanks a bunch, I'm really looking forward to purchasing my first SLR in the upcoming months!
Added (1). I forgot to add, how do you tell the difference between a zoom and prime lens? When I'm looking online at lenses, nothing jumps out at me if they're zoom or prime. I don't to accidently buy a zoom when I want a prime (and vice versa), but the descriptions in the lens don't even have it posted. Say a lens is 35mm and another is 15mm-55mm (for example), the 35mm is a fixed length and the 15mm-55mm is zoom?

См. статью: Nikon SLR- suggestions on a good lens for a beginner?