Thursday, April 17, 2014

Is Sony Alpha7 Camera cheaper in Thailand than in India?


I am planning to upgrade my camera from Canon 40D to a fullframe. Sony A7 fulfills my need as I am 5 feet tall petite woman who need a smaller and lighter camera than Nikon or Canon fullframe SLR cameras.
The price in India shows as MRP Rs. Rs 114,990 ($1904.75) with the standard 18-55mm lens in the Sony website which is very expensive for me. Even then, I have saved some cash aside for it.
I heard that in Bangkok electronics and cameras are much cheaper than in India, like almost half of it. So I am thinking what if I go to Thailand to just buy the camera and needed lenses? Is it a good idea? Will I save any money after including the flight ticket (which is cheap around $250 to and fro) and staying cost over there for at least 3/4 days?

Read more: Is Sony Alpha7 Camera cheaper in Thailand than in India?