Monday, May 5, 2014

Photo Editing Software for Mac? - 1


Looking for expert advice! My name is April and I am very passionate about photography. I'm currently a beginner, but I'm actually quite talented and self-taught. I love to take lots of pictures and I'm working on starting my own business as lifestyle/portrait photographer. I've already created a business page on Facebook and Wix to showcase some of my work. I also bought my first DLSR camera (Nikon D3100) and the 200mm lens last year. I also just bought the Sunpak DigiFlash 3000 external flash, but I still don't have any kind of professional software to edit my pictures with so I've just been using programs like iPhoto, Picasa and PicMonkey, (etc… Lol)! I've been doing mostly all of my editing on my mac mini, but I recently bought a new iMac (iCore5/version10.9) so, now I just need the latest photo editing software. I want something professional, but not too complicated to learn. I'm willing to spend the extra $$$, but I want the most for my $$$ as well!

Did some research and here's what I have so far:

Adobe - Currently you can get Photoshop CC and Lightroom for $9.99/m

Adobe Elements - Apparently the watered down version of Photoshop and Lightroom

Aperture - Seems like a decent program?

Capture One? Corel? ACDSee? OTHER?

***What are the differences - pros and cons - how they compare - price - abilities - watermarking/tools - effects - organizing - batch edit - sharing - compatible w/all major still image formats including RAW, etc?

Read more: Photo Editing Software for Mac? - 1