Friday, June 20, 2014

How to display camera video feed on computer screen?

I have a Nikon D3100, and because it doesn't have a fold out screen, I can't tell what is happening when i record. Is it at all possible to hook up my camera to my laptop and show the video feed there in order to see it better? Will i still be able to record in high quality on my camera? Thanks

i have an HP, Windows 7, idk exacts but i got it about 4-5 yrs ago.
"What I am wondering is, is there a way/ program I can use/ ect. To hook my camera through my computer in order to display the recording on my monitor live while recording? In other words, use my computer as the display screen for my digital camera.

To clarify: I'm not asking about playing the video back on my computer, I want to be able to view a live feed of what is being recorded on my camera through my PC monitor (sort of like a web cam). "

Read more: How to display camera video feed on computer screen?