Friday, June 20, 2014

Which lens would you use?

So, doing some friends a favour and photographing their wedding for them. I did explain that I'm not a pro and my gear is mediocre at best, tried to get them to pay for someone else but they've convinced me they'd rather have me do it. I'm crapping myself to be honest as I've only seen photos of the venue (small room with room for less than 60) but won't be able to see the room in the flesh until the day due to how far away it is. I realise I'm in over my head, but they're not being too demanding and insist "it's no big deal". I want to give them great pics that'll contribute to their own memories, I know it's not going to be easy.

I have 2 lenses, a kit camera 18-105 nikon DX 5.6g, and a 35mm prime 1.8.

Which lenses should I use during the ceremony? The zoom would be nice for choosing my focal length but isn't the best quality. The 35mm will be better quality but I'm worried it might distort the image and I can't zoom. I have no friends with lenses to lend me, nor can I afford to rent or buy a new lens

Perhaps I should use the 35mm for the after party and the zoom for the ceremony.

Any help would be welcome.

Read more: Which lens would you use?