Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Upgrade My Nikon DSLR Camera or Lenses?

I currently own a Nikon 3200 24.2 MP DSLR with the two kit lenses, 18-55 and 55-200.
For the past year or so I've been research upgrading. Perhaps it goes without saying but what I want really to see is sharper images and better performance in low light (i.e. Shooting a wedding inside a church with no flash).
There doesn't seem to be a clear answer out there as to whether it's a better idea to upgrade the camera body or lenses, so I'm interested in your opinion/experience.

A little more info:
I do not want to spend more than $1200 on a camera body at this point. (and yes I will be looking on Ebay) At first I thought that a newer body would be the answer, but then I saw that many of the newer ones in my price range have the same 24 MP as mine does, which I think means the image quality won't be different than what mine can do.
Lenses I have been looking into include the 35 mm, the 50 mm, and the 85 mm.

Please let me know what you recommend, I look forward to suggestions and advice!

Read more: Upgrade My Nikon DSLR Camera or Lenses?