Sunday, June 29, 2014

Which DSLR for university?

I am going to be studying Photography next year and would like to upgrade my camera. I have owned a Canon 450D for a few years now, but would like to upgrade before my course starts.

I have been looking at the Canon 70D, 7D and 6D models. I like the 6D as it is full frame and is said to perform well in low light conditions however it is the most expensive of these (I would definitely have to buy it second hand, though this is fine).

My budget is around £1000 though is slightly flexible as I do have a year to save. I have seen used Canon 6Ds go for £1200-£1300 on eBay with 24-105mm f/4 L IS lens kit. Is this a good deal or should I go for a cheaper model and be able to afford extras such as a flash/extra lens also?

What model will I be expected to have at degree level? Ideally I would like to spend as little as possible but also want to make sure that I have a camera suitable for the 3 year course.

P.S. I am sticking with Canon as I am familiar with it and have lenses already that I would like to keep!

Thank you to anyone who answers!

Read more: Which DSLR for university?