Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Which of these camera deals are better?

Hi, im NEW to DSLR and I need some advice.

I am planning on using the camera for landscape shots, semi close shots (2ft in front of me) and also Wildlife shots. In my mind (correct me if im wrong) I'd need a telescopic lens, (56-200ish) and standard (18-100ishmm).
My budget is £420 (£450 at a push)

I have set my mind of a D3200 which is £250 body and £350 lens kit. Which of these would be best suited for me in the long run…

1: This was my original plan; Buy a body for £250 then get this lens http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nikon-18-105-Lens-Nikkor-18-105mm-DX-ED-AF-S-VR-New-IN-UK-3-YEAR-WARRANTY-/151322702506?pt=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item233b8932aa . This would give me a good starting point to learn the camera with a good lens. After a few months I would then buy a telescopic lens (56-200ish).

2:I went onto Jessops website and saw this deal. http://www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/products/nikon/d3200-18-55mm-vr-lens-tamron-70-300mm-lens-89152/show.html The only problem is from what I see is they are both kit lens and not that amazing which is represented in the price. My friend who knows a tiny bit about cameras said Option 1 would be the best as you will end up with two good lens for around £550 (Body+Standard+telescopic) compared to paying £400 for two semi decent lens. And then having to pay £300 ish for better lens in the near future.

Would you say that my friend is right and Option two is a point pointless?
Added (1). Also, is that a good price for that lens? Its the cheapest I can find and it looks like a very good seller with a v.high rating.

Also, sorry for typos. I am typing on my friends tablet. I hate the things hehe.
Added (2). *face palm* Nvm, I've just found that 'telescopic' lens review… And turns out its a macro lens. As i said.I'm a n00b lol
Added (3). Thanks for replying Andrew. When you say "Both lens" Do you mean the one in option 1 or the two in option 2?

Read more: Which of these camera deals are better?