Thursday, June 12, 2014

Would you buy a second hand DSLR camera/lens?

Im on a budget of £500 (£350-400 for the camera and £100 for a lens) and want to get as much as I can for my money.
Would you ever/have you ever bought a refurbished camera/second hand camera/Second hand lens?
If so. Where would you buy one from? Here's a list of popular second hand websites. Have any of you used these?

1:E-bay - Through a shop.
2:Amazon - Through amazon or a shop
3:CEX/Cash converters - My least fave option.

Any views would be appreciated.
Added (1). Spookily, you both have mentioned two cameras I am trying to choose between; the D5100 and D3200.
I am moving up from a VERY limited Bridge camera.(L120) which had minimal controls.
When i say "get as much as I can" i mean for e.g If i buy a d3200 for £350 that leaves me £150 for extras like lens,battery etc. If I bought a second hand D3200 for £250. That then gives me £250 for the extras and if theres nothing wrong with buying second hand. Why not?! Hehe:)
Added (2). Side question: I am torn between D5100 and the D3200. Most comparisons say the D3200 is better for beginners and has the potential to take better photos over the D5100. Anybody know if this is true? The D5100 is around an extra £30.

Read more: Would you buy a second hand DSLR camera/lens?