Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Best SHTF rifle for urban/suburban setting?

So many to choose from. If you could only chose one rifle for a suburban broad based SHTF scenario, what would it be?

I'm near the Gulf Coast and had the pleasure of riding out Katrina with a Sears double barrel shotgun (Savage?) and a Sig 9mm. I carried that sig everywhere. Then I got a Romanian AK clone that was ok, but later sold it bc although dead nuts reliable, it wouldn't hit Minute of Basketball accurately.

Now, I have two AR15s in 223, one is extra lightweight, lots of Magpul, iron sights only, but with a flashlight quick detach; another with EAo Tech and cheapo flip to side 3 power magnifier and heavier barrel. I also have a wicked sweet M1A shorty, very nice. And a Rem 700 deer rifle in 30-06, w nice Nikon scope.

What should I keep in the trunk of my car? What should I keep by my bedside? I have a SW 9mm in the car now, a Glock 40 cal in my bedside nightstand, but a rifle seems better for SHTF.

Anyways, I definitely appreciate everyone's opinions and advice. Thanks!

Read more: Best SHTF rifle for urban/suburban setting?