Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Debating switching over from nikon to canon…thoughts?

So long story short, I've been a nikon user 100% for two main reasons: Nikon is cheaper than canon, and two, I started off with all nikon lenses, so I stayed nikon.

However, I'm currently getting into videography as well as some cinematography, and recently had the opportunity to film a wedding using the canon 70D and I was amazed at the way the camera worked. This being said, I have been saving up for a while now in order to buy a new better nikon DSLR, such as the d800, or now even the d810 due to it's video features and that I have all nikon glass. But since recently using the 70D, Ive been debating switching to canon for it's video features which most say beat nikon, and buying a 70D would certainly save me some money which I could use to buy canon glass.

I'd like anyone's thoughts on this as well as advice on both makers/cameras. Thank you!

Read more: Debating switching over from nikon to canon…thoughts?