Thursday, September 18, 2014

Making better photographs?

I'm teaching myself photography and hope to actually take a college course for it soon. I would love to start my own business in family and pet photography one day.

I just can't seem to get that nice soft glow in my pictures. The colour in my pictures and on skin tones is drabby looking. I have a Nikon D5200 and only use manual. I know the jyst of ISO/shutter speed/aperature and I do everything outdoors. I pay attention to my light meter and I do change up the WB.

I know a lot of professionals take lights and reflectors and such but even without those they're pictures are spectacular. It can't be photoshop every time.

I have yet to purchase a good quality photo editing program so for now I use a free one on my computer for general brightness, warmth and sharpness. I usually transfer to my phone to upload on my social media (nobody else to share with) and they look even worse.

Any good tips or websites to get the white balance and colour right?

Thanks!

Read more: Making better photographs?