Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Should I start with Canon or Nikon?

I'm going to be buying my first camera pretty soon here, and I need to decide if I want to buy Canon or Nikon. I think I'm more of a stills guy, which is why I'm leaning towards Nikon (because of their better sensors), but video is something I want to try and could maybe get really into, so I'd want to go with Canon (because of their better video features like dual pixel AF) if that happened. I want to figure out what brand to get now because from what I've heard switching is a difficult and expensive decision.
Added (1). Another reason I'm leaning toward Nikon is the easier "upgrade system." Nikon has clear paths you can take. For me, I plan to get a D3400, then a D7500, then a D750, then a D850 (photography is just a hobby right now, I don't need a D5). With Canon I feel lost.

Read more: Should I start with Canon or Nikon?