Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Nikon camera; RAW photos won't show up on computer?

Nikon D3100
So I figured out how to get rid of the blurry photos; by switching to auto focus until I learn a little more technique. I was also advised to shoot RAW instead of JPEG. However, now they won't show up on my computer. The file's there, but it can't open. (I plug the SD card right into my laptop, because I need to purchase a USB cable, sold seperatly >.<) I loaded the software that came with the camera onto my laptop, but when I try to open the folder with the pictures, before i can try to open the RAW files, the software program freezes, doesn't respond and then it ejects the SD card and I can't plug it in again unless i log out of and log back my computer.
Help?
>>> Nikon camera; RAW photos won't show up on computer?