Friday, October 12, 2012

Need help understanding compatible lenses for Nikon D3100 camera?

I have a D3100. I went on Nikon's site but I just wound up more confused.

First, I WANT a 50mm f/1.8 lens.Is there one that will fit the 3100?

Second, I found one titled "Series E" 50mm 1.8.Is the series E compatible with a 3100?

Third, is there a site with an easy to read chart of lenses that will/will not work with any specific camera? For instance, when I upgrade - it would be nice if my lenses were interchangable.

Thanks for your help!
Added (1). P.S. I know this is a camera question, more so than photography but in electronics I got zero answers. Hoping someone with knowledge can give me a heads up - thanks!
Added (2). DeepBlue - Awesome! Thank you! I want to manually focus & that's where I was confused as I know the 3100 is not "pro" so I wasn't sure how compatible the lenses could be.
>>> Need help understanding compatible lenses for Nikon D3100 camera?