Friday, October 5, 2012

Nikon 50mm 1.4G - soft/unfocused photos?

I got this lens last year but only really noticed around the end of last year that my photos are not as sharp as photos I've seen online from others who own this lens.My photos sometimes turn out badly focused with soft edges around a subject, this happens especially when the light on the subject is quite strong. This also usually happens when I'm around a metre or more from my subject, any further and I can't get the photos very sharply focused on my subject, or it won't be focused at all, the subject will just be a sharper blur than the background blur…
I often shoot with an aperture of 1.8 - 2.8 when I'm shooting models, and I try to never shoot with a shutter speed slower than 1/80 sec.
I'm not sure whether this is a problem with the lens, my camera, or due to my knowledge of both. I own a Nikon D5000 which I've had for two years.
Added (1). Wasn't sure whether to post this in Electronics > Cameras or Visual Arts > Photography…
>>> Nikon 50mm 1.4G - soft/unfocused photos?