Friday, October 5, 2012

Good DSLR for Photo Major?

Hello, I know that this is kind of alot, but please give me some advice.

So I am currently in my freshman year of college, which is a foundation year for me. After this I will most likely choose photography as my major. Up until this point I have been using a canon bridge camera that I got for Christmas a few years ago. Now that I am most likely going to be concentrating on photography as my major I need to upgrade.

I have used a canon, but was leaning towards nikon, as my aunt has the d3200, and I like using it.So my first question is Nikon vs Canon.

Secondly, For Nikon I am considering the d5100 or the d7000.
my budget is around $1000, though I can go a very little bit higher if necessary, and would like to go lower if possible.Is the 7000 worth the extra? Or would the 5100 with a good lens be a good choice? I also like the smaller size of the 5100, but that is not a deal breaking factor.

For Canon I am considering the t4i or the 60D.

Of all of these cameras which would be the best choice? I really want to get the camera that will take the best pictures and get me through college without holding me back.

I like to take pictures of people in various places - city, forest, beach, house, night, day, etc.) and I also like fairly large prints. I also am mostly familiar with using DSLR cameras as I have had some opportunities to play around with them. I hope that someone can point me in the right direction. Thank you!
>>> Good DSLR for Photo Major?