Thursday, October 11, 2012

Nikon D5100 shutter problem, shutter too slow?

Hi, I have the d5100, and I am starting to think that it has a problem with the shutter… or I have a problem! lol
It seams that no matter what lens I use, and no matter now fast of a shutter speed I select, you can clearly hear the shutter opens and closes with long time between the two clicks. I am not sure if this will make any sense, but I am trying my best to describe the issue… I am not a pro, but I do a lot of product photography for my Etsy shop. When I use my camera for something else, that is to take photos of my kids. They move fast.My camera's shutter doesn't seem to be fast enough. Even when there is lots of natural light, it still sounds like the shutter gets stuck for few seconds and then you can hear it close. I have watched many videos on youtube of newborn photographers taking pictures, and because it is a quiet environment, you can clearly heartheire shutters, and it sounds like they are closing fast… :( I got my Nikon last summer, I have the kit lens, a 50mm Nikkor prime lense and a 80-200mm zoom lense. May be I am doind something wrong :(( All my kids photos are one big blur…
Help!!! Any expert photographers out there, please advise??? Thank you!
>>> Nikon D5100 shutter problem, shutter too slow?