Monday, October 8, 2012

What settings should I have my DSLR for very low light?

I have a Nikon D5100 with a nifty fifty… So, long story short, my friends want me to bring my camera to "document" us going to an abandon, haunted school. We drove to the start of the trail (we have to walk about a mile to get to it) in the day time, and there were no street lights and a bunch of trees would prob block the moonlight.So, I'm guessing I should get one of those lights camcorders use (my friends are also brining flashlights), the inexpensive ones since I'm only going up there once.SO, IF I GET A LIGHT FOR THIS VERY LOW LIGHT SETTING, WHAT SHOULD MY SHUTTER SPEED, APERTURE ISO AND ALL OF THAT GOOD STUFF BE? Thank you for reading all this.
>>> What settings should I have my DSLR for very low light?