Friday, November 2, 2012

Nikon DSLRs vs Nikon 1?

I was going to upgrade my 12 megapixel simple sony point and shoot to a Nikon DSLR, but I also found the Nikon 1. I love the Nikon 1's design and how it's smaller and more user friendly, but I know it's a hybrid and not a DSLR. However, I would get the Nikon 1, but it's actually more money than the DSLRs I was interested in, for less megapixels! I know that supposedly megapixels don't matter that much, but I shouldn't downgrade from 12 to 10 megapixels for such a high price, right? Unless the details and clarity and picture quality really are better, what do you guys think? Also, I was thinking of getting a Nikon DSLR, because I'm very interested in photography even though I've never used more than a point and shoot I'm up for the challenge. Which do you think is best, the D3100, D3200, or D5100? I know out of those 3 the D3100 is the worst and although the D3200 has 8 more megapixels, it's supposedly not that much better than the D5100? Anyway, keep in mind I would buy these through Amazon where the D3200 and D5100 are both $596 with the 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR NIKKOR Zoom Lens included. How is this lens as a starter lens? Is it like where you turn it manually to focus? I would like that. I would want to take pictures with/of my friends at parties or outside, so a "fast" lens would be good for that. Also, I would like to zoom and take wide landscapes. But, I can always get new lenses later. Which camera would be the best for pictures with friends and family, vacations, the ones that have the most effects, etc? Also, I heard about those lensbaby lenses, would those be compatible with those cameras? Please try answering any/all of these questions. I'm probably asking for the D3200 or D5100 and would like clarification on if the lens included will suit my needs. Thanks!
>>> Nikon DSLRs vs Nikon 1?