Monday, December 31, 2012

Help in using D600! Manual focus point?

Hi guys,
I'm just a new Nikon D600 user and not familiar with my first FX body. I would like to know if I can similarly do the focus selection on the D600 like that of the old Nikon D80.
The old Nikon D80 has the manual focus point selection wherein if you half-pressed the shutter button, the camera will make the image clear even if in Manual Focus Point Selection

Does the Nikon D600 has this kind of Manual Focus Point Selection wherein the camera can automatically detect the subject that make it clear
If there is such a setting how do I do it?

I have tried switching the M/A button on the lens and on the camera.

All it gives me is autofocus, AF-S, AF-C etc.
I tried different lenses Nikon G, D lens even 3rd party lens but nothing
When in Manual Point Focus Selection, I can select focus manually, obviously; but the camera does not have the ability to focus automatically when the shutter button is half pressed
On the Nikon D600, all I get is autofocus and it is not that reliable, unlike in using the old Nikon D80 manual focus point selection mode I can focus it wherever I want and it detects the subject making it clearer.

Thank you in advance!! Happy Holidays!
>>> Help in using D600! Manual focus point?