Sunday, December 2, 2012

Looking for DSLR for indoor ballet & outdoor sports?

Trying to get a DSLR that can grow with my family. Need to get good photos for indoor/low light Ballet and also for football games/action shots.My current camera is starting to go, so I need something new. Not a pro but have an older Sony Digital, built-in lens, that I've been pushing and setting to get pretty good quality low-light no flash pics. I've been able to get only as high as 5 x 7 prints on those before it gets way too grainy. Takes good videos, too.

My father has a Nikon telephoto lens so I'm leaning towards Nikon, but frankly I need something sturdy that is somewhat weather proof, takes great action shots and won't kill my wallet. Want to stay below $800. TIA.
>>> Looking for DSLR for indoor ballet & outdoor sports?