Sunday, December 2, 2012

What lens shall I buy for my Nikon D3100?

I have Nikon D3100 and I currently use the 18-55mm lens that came with the camera when I first got it.
I like to take many different photographs. I take a lot of long exposure shots at night time, I like to capture fog and snow, i like bokeh pictures and nature shots. I do take pictures of people but not a great amount.
I would also love to be able to capture the moon and stars better if possible.
I also find with the current lens i have (18-55mm) when I take a picture of someone, the background isn't blurred enough.
I take my pictures in natural light 90% of the time.
These are the photographers I am inspired by and would love my pictures to look more like
http://www.facebook.com/tireswingphotography/photos_albums
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonykatai/

I'd appreciate it if someone could give me a list of lenses that are compatible with my camera and give me a reason for each lens and what it's specifically good for.
I hope this makes sense and is enough information
Thanks x
>>> What lens shall I buy for my Nikon D3100?