Thursday, December 13, 2012

Recommendations on a good SLR camera?

How's it going guys. I am currently in the process of looking for a good DSLR to get started with. I've had my eye on the Canon Rebel T4i for a long time now and I've played with it a couple times and I really like the camera.At this point I've pretty much ruled Nikon out as a possibility, just because personally I just don't like using them. But, now I've also thought about Pentax. Unfortunately I don't know nearly as much about Pentax and information doesn't seem to be as readily available for it, so I was wondering if anyone could just tell me how Pentax stacks up against the bigger, more well known names.

Are there two different lens mounting types like with Canon and Nikon?
Is image stabilization built into the body or the lens?
Durability?
Lens quality?
Ease of use?
Room to upgrade? If I buy this camera now and buy nice lenses for it then are there higher performing Pentax cameras to get later?

And whatever else y'all might deem as helpful! Thanks a lot guys! I'll really appreciate it!
Added (1). Also, if there are any other brands y'all might recommend, please tell me about them and let me know why!
>>> Recommendations on a good SLR camera?