Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Best target scope for under $300?

I am looking for a scope to put on my 22-250 and my 30-06 (250 is a savage axis, 06 is a savage 111). I want a scope that i can use for shooting up to 1000 yards. Right now i have the cheap bushnell 3-9x40 scope the guns came with on them and even with those scopes i am making proper adjustments and hitting things up to 700 yards with both guns (mainly 2 liters). Both guns will be strictly target shooting guns, the only hunting will be maybe some varmint hunting with the 22-250 but my main interest is putting bullets on steel at long ranges. I am looking for a scope that has more magnification than my 3-9 bushnells but i don't want anything that is more than 18x magnification cause i don't feel that i will need any more than that. 3 scopes i was looking at were a nikon prostaff 4-12x40 mil dot, a vortex diamondback 4-12x40 bdc, and a nikon buckmasters 6-18x40 mil dot. What scopes including those 3 and any others would suit my needs the best for under $300-$350? Also if buying a new scope wouldn't really be much of an improvement from what i have now let me know that too so i don't waist money on buying something that doesn't make that big of a difference. Thanks for any answers and or suggestions.
>>> Best target scope for under $300?