Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Nikkor VR 18-105mm or Nikkor VR 24-120mm?

I cannot decide which one of these two lenses to get. I'm going to be doing the photography for a evening cruise around the harbor for a late Valentine's day event this week and i was planning on upgrading my lenses.My current camera right now since i'm kinda tight on money is the Nikon D3200. I use the kit lense 18-55 plus the nikkor vr 55-200mm combo. I know for a fact that i'm gonna be switching lenses a lot during the evening so i decided i might as well bring one lens that can do the job of these two. The 18-105 and 24-120 are the only ones that pretty much fit my budget right now. I believe these two are the perfect ratio for distance. For the evening, i'm most doing portrait shots but i will be going out on the deck to take some scenery/night shots which is why the 108 and the 120 distance helps.which one do you guys think would be a better choice because both lenses seem superb. Also, i'm not looking for a wide angle lense because it'll just make the portrait shots look terrible so which one would be the better choice: Nikkor Vr 18-105mm or the Nikkor VR 24-120mm?
Added (1). Also, i looked on the nikon website itself, and the 24-120 lens is mainly compatible with FX cameras but can work on on a DX camera like the d3200.lemme know if i'm wrong on this cuz if so, then i'll just end up getting the 18-105mm lens since its the only one compatible.
>>> Nikkor VR 18-105mm or Nikkor VR 24-120mm?