Friday, February 1, 2013

Dropped Nikon D90, severe damage, help?

So I was at my friend's dorm for a night and we had a bit of a rowdy crowd. I'm not going to explain anything, but my D90, 28-80mm Nikkor (favourite lens: c), and the digital lens that came with the camera (not in the room, can't remember model) all ended up on the floor with several black pieces flaying around, some of which I was unable to find.

Just to clarify, this happened despite the door being locked and secured. Someone found her key and broke in to make out or something, and they knocked everything off the desk.

Anyway, I know both the lenses are pretty damaged. Not the glass, or anything internal (I think), just the little rings that help it stick into the camera. I tested the camera and lenses with the body, and they would take pictures, but then fall out immediately.

HOWEVER, when I was taking the photos, half of the picture would appear black. I was hoping that it was just a coincidence and that both the lenses were damaged in the same way, but I came home and stuck my AF-S 70-300mm in, and the picture remained half black.

This equipment all belongs to my father, and I'm a murdered child if I can't replace everything that's broken immediately. I'd like to get a kind of estimate about repairs/replacements before I sneak around after school to a Future Shop and get a professional opinion. Any advice surrounding the issue would be really appreciated.
>>> Dropped Nikon D90, severe damage, help?