Friday, February 8, 2013

I am shopping to replace my broken Digital camera. What FEATURES should be my focus?

The Fuji-Digital camera I bought from a travelling-merchant, years ago has finally given out. - It no longer powers-up. :-( I used it to take a few Final pic's of my nephew's newly-arrived son a few days ago, so I do have some.jpeg's in it that I really want to take out.
I am shopping to replace this digital camera with one with even more and better features - for a reasonable price.
Beginning my browsing at Wally World, I find a few models of cameras to consider.
How VERSATILE is the standard Aim-and-shoot-type of Digital camera vs.the model that comes with interchangeable lenses (like it's earlier version of the 35mm film camera)?

The Models and prices range from a CANON @$79.00
to a FUJIFILM @$119.00
to a SONY @$119.00
to a NIKON@$149.00

I am not a PROFESSIONAL Photographer by any means. - I want an easy-to-operate unit that will allow me to edit my.jpegs on-the-spot, easily upload to my desktop terminal to post to my FB Wall and attach to misc. E-mails and will allow me to take an occasional live video with sound-recording.

What can be my shopping-options?
Added (1). I live on a VERY-TIGHT BUDGET, so price is very important.
>>> I am shopping to replace my broken Digital camera. What FEATURES should be my focus?